Sunday, February 05, 2006

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot!!

Red Hot Chili Pepper Socks. I like things spicey and this pair of socks is definetly the spice of my knitting projects right now.

I have tried and tried to find a decent red hot yarn for the Red Hot Sizzling Socks contest, but man, doesn't anybody sell such a thing?!! I have been on line and around the shops and no luck. If I do not find anything soon I will have to submit this pair as my entry.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY TIPS WHERE YOU CAN FIND FABULOUS YARN I COULD USE YOUR HELP. ANYONE?!!



2 comments:

Logan said...

Very impressive first socks! I love that you paired them with chili peppers - hot tummy to go with warm feet?

I'll email you with sources of great sock yarn.

Logan said...

Damn, no email address listed for you.

Okay, some Canadian sources of great sock yarns:

I like Shelridge Farms sock yarns (both Heather & Ultra) at www.shelridge.com

Robyn carries some nice sock yarns, commercial ones and some hand paints, at www.redbirdknits.com

Another source of commercial sock yarns is www.yarnforward.com

That should get you started, and if you want more, email me (connect from my blog).

Keep up the great socking!